Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 169, Friday, June 18, 2010


Cheryl and I are reading thru the Bible in a year again, mostly while we're driving to/from Ann Arbor.  I have the Bible Experience on CDs; it's the complete Bible in Today's New International Version.  I follow along in the NIV, and mention to Cheryl (since she is the driver), when the TNIV varies from the NIV, as in that version they have taken some liberties (ie, men-to people). 
The Bible is read word for word, and the different characters are read by different people, as well as a narrator. There is music and appropriate background sounds.  Fun for us is that all of the "cast" are African American folks.  This has proven to be very interesting to my children as well!  They will often ask me to "put the Bible on, Mom!"  I gladly comply.  Even 4 year old Sammy will ask me why something happened the way it did in Bible times!

The passage I took a picture of today, really hit me as an awesome prayer--Nehemiah 9:5-38. 

No comments:

Post a Comment